Forum Discussion

neag82
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Due Date on Sales Invoice

I have set up the due date in Sales Settings to Due in a number of days after the end of month - 30 days" which means for October invoices they should be due by 30/11.  When I go into enter invoices it shows correctly. However, as soon as I choose a customer (it doesn't matter which customer) it will change it back to 31 days, which then shows a due date of 01/12. I need this to show 30/11 for our EOM reconciliations. It is a pain in the new version as you can't type over the due date but have to select the drop down option every single time. With 40+ invoices a day this is time consuming and frustrating. Any suggestions??? Thank you

• Hi neag82 

Great to hear that's working for you. I can run a script to stop it from using the old default terms.

To do this, can you send the following details over Private Message:

• Serial number (or client ID)
    • Account name
    • Primary account contact name 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi neag82 

Thank you for your post. The option for number of days after End Of Month is a fixed number of days. So if you are selecting that, then the day that is selected will change based on the number of days in the previous month.

For your example; 30 days after 31 October is 1 December, so it is working as intended.

If you would instead like to have it always populate the 30th of the following month, then you would select the day of month after End of Month option.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

neag82
      Contributing User

Thank you, Samara. 

I have set this for Due on a date of next month - Last day which defaults to the last business day and that is perfect. When I go to create invoice it shows correctly. However, once I chose a customer it will change to due in a number of days. Even if I then change it to due on a date and save as default, the next invoice will have the same issue, 31/12/22. I might be doing this incorrectly along the way but I have literally tried every possible way.

So even if I chose number of days after End Of Month and make it 30 days after the end of november (which brings it to 30/12/22), it will go back to 31 days. 

A similar thing happens with bills when I upload them and MYOB prefills, it will make them COD even though the supplier is a 30 day account. There is no quick way of typing in the correct date. 

If you could please have another look at this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi neag82 

Great to hear that's working for you. I can run a script to stop it from using the old default terms.

To do this, can you send the following details over Private Message:

• Serial number (or client ID)
        • Account name
        • Primary account contact name