Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

I am getting the error message " Sorry , there is a problem with your setup! Reinstall MYOB Justinvoices and try again...

Hi there, 

Im getting this message on my PC , and I have done a complete delete and install from CD and still getting same message, so not sure what problem might be.

I can find the company file on my PC but cant access it, tahnk you 

• Hi, Tony363

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We're sorry for the delayed response.

Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling JustInvoices, we also have another workaround that you can perform by running JustInvoices in Compatibility mode XP. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the JustInvoices shortcut.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and choose Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the list.

While you are in this window, please also select the 'Run this program as an administrator' option.

About the message prompting you to allow the program to run, this is a prompt by User Access Control (UAC), which is a security feature in Windows. You can see the settings of UAC under Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Change User Account Control settings.  You may have it set up to 'Always Notify'. 

You do have the option to set UAC to 'Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer' or 'Never notify' to stop it from prompting you each time you open the program. However, when you set UAC to never notify, you open up your PC to potential security risks.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Tony363

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We're sorry for the delayed response.

Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling JustInvoices, we also have another workaround that you can perform by running JustInvoices in Compatibility mode XP. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the JustInvoices shortcut.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and choose Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the list.

While you are in this window, please also select the 'Run this program as an administrator' option.

About the message prompting you to allow the program to run, this is a prompt by User Access Control (UAC), which is a security feature in Windows. You can see the settings of UAC under Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Change User Account Control settings.  You may have it set up to 'Always Notify'. 

You do have the option to set UAC to 'Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer' or 'Never notify' to stop it from prompting you each time you open the program. However, when you set UAC to never notify, you open up your PC to potential security risks.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Tony363
      User

Thank you Doreen worked exactly as per your  instructions 👏👏