Forum Discussion

Shepai-8-2017
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Invoicing due date

Hi, I set the settings for the Due Date but whenever I make an invoice, it is not set and I have to click/change the Due Date everytime I make an invoice. This never happened in the old version of MYOB Essentials. Another thing I found out, if I will not click on the Due Date and I clicked saved, then I will go to the Invoices, the invoice is not there in the list of the invoices but if I will searched on the invoice number it will appear. The only solution as of now that I can find is to always click on the Due Date so that the invoice will appear on the list of the Invoices.

SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi Shepai (Shepai-8-2017)

You're more than welcome. As mentioned the due date does work differently, so it will always default to the Card Settings over the Sales Settings, but good to hear the workaround is working for you.

If you do need for us to change it on the backend, please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Shepai-8-2017 

When customer cards are created, the terms are saved against the new card using the current default sales terms. If the default sales terms are changed, it does not update the terms for existing cards, and it will display the incorrect due date.

The workaround for this is to manually change the due date of the invoice after selecting the customer. Alternatively, we could run a script to get the terms updated. If you would like us to organise that please respond with the last 4 digits of your Serial Number and the terms you would like it to use as a default. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Shepai-8-2017
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Samara,

Thank you for your help. I'm just changing the due date everytime I create an invoice. No matter how many times I save the Sales Settings, the due date will always be not the one I'm expecting as compared to the previous version. 

Kind regards,

Shepai

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Shepai (Shepai-8-2017)

You're more than welcome. As mentioned the due date does work differently, so it will always default to the Card Settings over the Sales Settings, but good to hear the workaround is working for you.

If you do need for us to change it on the backend, please do let me know.