Forum Discussion

Peter-W
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Job codes not showing income

Having established Job Codes for two other Essentials instances i setup Job Codes for a new instance of MYOB and not getting the same results.

In the first two instance, income, costs and expenses all show as expected.

In the nw instance of MYOB Essentials only costs and expenses are showing against the job codes, no income is shown against any of the job codes in this instance.

Anyone had similar issues?

• Hi Peter-W 

From the software perspective, you can just go into the accounts list and create a new Income account.

If you're unsure of what number to use we recommend checking with your accountant/bookkeeper to ensure that everything is recorded and reported correctly in your software.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Peter-W 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Is there a particular report you are looking at where you aren't seeing income shown against these job codes?

If you could reply with a screenshot of that report and an example transaction that would help. 

(You can use the Microsoft snipping tool to create screenshots and remove sensitive information, then click on Photos to upload).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Peter-W
      Contributing User

Hello
      sorry for delayed response.

Not looking at a report, just looking at the summary from Accounting | Jobs

(KDI Jobs Income.jpg)

The Job P&L report looks the same, no income.

The Job Activity and Job Activity Acrual.jpg report appears to show credits and debits that dont tally with what you see with Accounting | Jobs summary screen or Job P&L report. 

Thanks
      Peter

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Peter (Peter-W)

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you also able to reply with a screenshot of one of those transactions we could use as an example to replicate the issue?