Forum Discussion

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Purchase not appearing

ive tried to enter a purchase but it wont appear in the list...no matter what I do...:manfrustrated:

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi LCrowhurst 

The transaction that is showing in your P&L screenshot is a Bill payment transaction, not a Bill transaction. The Cash accounting method is based on when an invoice or bill is paid, not the date of the invoice or bill. So when you run a cash P&L only payments are included:

The Accrual accounting method is based on the invoice or bill date, regardless of whether they have been paid. When you run the accrual P&L invoices and bills dated in that period will be listed:

As Cash and Accrual are two different accounting methods reports will display different information depending on which method is chosen. You can change the accounting method of a report by selecting the required method:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LCrowhurst 

Thanks for your post. The Accounting method selected for that report is Cash so the bill transaction won't be listed. The cash accounting method is based on when invoices/bills are paid so cash based reports display the payment transactions. The accrual accounting method is based on the invoice/bill date. If you change the Accounting method to Accrual that transaction should appear.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

So why does the first bill show(the one you can see? Our tax is done as cash in any case however I haven't Changed anything with regards to that. I was just trying to search in P&L. 
      Surely when I did save a Copy, edited the date etc and hit save that transaction Should appear? 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LCrowhurst 

The transaction that is showing in your P&L screenshot is a Bill payment transaction, not a Bill transaction. The Cash accounting method is based on when an invoice or bill is paid, not the date of the invoice or bill. So when you run a cash P&L only payments are included:

The Accrual accounting method is based on the invoice or bill date, regardless of whether they have been paid. When you run the accrual P&L invoices and bills dated in that period will be listed:

As Cash and Accrual are two different accounting methods reports will display different information depending on which method is chosen. You can change the accounting method of a report by selecting the required method: