Forum Discussion

Wolfie2011
Partner
3 months ago
Solved

Sales invoices being duplicated

I have a problem with sales invoices.  Having created one, I go into the Sales section and find there are 3 for the same client, with different invoice numbers, all dated different days and on days when the database hasn't been open.  Eg. Sales dated 4 and 5 and 6th March for the one client, but with the database only opened on the 6th and only one being produced on the 6th March.

Earl_HD
    2 months ago

Hi Wolfie2011,

Thank you for your response. I would recommend Clearing the AccountRight cache, as this action can often resolve unusual behavior. And also, If you have a duplicated invoice, you'll need to delete the new invoice that was created. To do this, locate the new invoice in the Invoices list and proceed to delete it.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

10 Replies

• Hi Wolfie2011,

Thank you for your post and for waiting patiently for our response.

There could be several reasons for the duplicate sales, one of which could be related to how transactions are recorded in the system. In this scenario, I suggest reviewing the journal security audit report and the sales report to ensure the accuracy of these transactions.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

Wolfie2011
      Partner

Hi Princess, I appreciate your help and my apologies for taking so long in getting back to you.  Unfortunately we have all been ill and my brain just wouldn't function properly.  I've followed the steps you advise, journal security audit report and find something very odd.  It is showing all the transactions for the day I produced the invoices, then on two other dates under user (System) it has duplicated the same invoices but separate dates.  eg.  I produced an invoice on 6 March, under my user name, then on 4th March and 3rd March the same invoice has been added by user (System).

Wolfie2011
      Partner

Sorry, I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with sending a copy to myself?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Wolfie2011,

Thank you for your response. I would recommend Clearing the AccountRight cache, as this action can often resolve unusual behavior. And also, If you have a duplicated invoice, you'll need to delete the new invoice that was created. To do this, locate the new invoice in the Invoices list and proceed to delete it.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl

• Hi Earl, I had received information from you previously about a problem that I have with Essentials.  When composing new invoices the system is sometimes producing up to 4 duplicates, with issue dates completely different to what I've produced.  Eg.  I sent 5 invoices today dated 7 May but the system has duplicated them dated 4th May and 5th May.  I followed your instructions on deleting the cache before producing the invoices and then having a look at what's happened in the previous month, it's exactly the same.  I don't think it has anything to do with the Cache.  Are you able to help at all?  Kind regards, Jan

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Wolfie2011,

I appreciate your prompt response. I get that you're still experiencing an issue with Essentials producing duplicate invoices with different issue dates. I would recommend deleting those duplicate invoices. However, if the issue still persists, our website's virtual assistant, MOCA, is there to assist you. If MOCA isn't able to resolve the problem, you'll be automatically switched to a live chat, or you can ask for support via your account at myob.com, as this will need further investigation.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,
      Shella

Wolfie2011
        Partner

Thanks for getting back to me. I would happily get help from MOCA, if only I could log into my.myob.  Its a little difficult when the only way I can get in touch with someone is via this link.