Forum Discussion

Yukari
User
7 months ago
Solved

For partial deposit

Dear team What should I do if I create an invoice and receive a partial payment? For example, if 20,000 yen is deposited for an invoice (sales) of 100,000 yen. Please tell me how to do this from the "Receive payments" screen. Kind regards, Kitahara
  • Hi Yukari,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

Usually, to record a partial payment you need to:

1. Open the Pay Bills/Receive Payment screen (depending on whether you are recording for a Purchase or a Sale respectively)
    2. Choose a Supplier/Customer.
    3. Fill in the Amount Paid/Amount Received at the top of the payment.
    4. Fill in the date.
    5. Click into the invoice you want to apply the amount to so that it has just the partial amount written there (not the full amount)
    6. Click on the Date or Memo line.  You'll see the Out of Balance amount is $0.

Please see the attached screenshot for further information.

You may also have a look at this help article receiving payments that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Yukari,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

Usually, to record a partial payment you need to:

1. Open the Pay Bills/Receive Payment screen (depending on whether you are recording for a Purchase or a Sale respectively)
    2. Choose a Supplier/Customer.
    3. Fill in the Amount Paid/Amount Received at the top of the payment.
    4. Fill in the date.
    5. Click into the invoice you want to apply the amount to so that it has just the partial amount written there (not the full amount)
    6. Click on the Date or Memo line.  You'll see the Out of Balance amount is $0.

Please see the attached screenshot for further information.

You may also have a look at this help article receiving payments that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

Yukari
      User

丁寧なご説明ありがとうございました。
      「ソリューションとして受け入れる」をクリックしたい。
      ただ、もしかしたら私のPCの問題かもしれないのでクリックできないので、そちらで操作して頂けると嬉しいです。

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Yukari

Thanks for your response. 

We are glad to know we're able to resolve your concern. Feel free to post again if you need further help.

Cheers,

Shella