Forum Discussion

MagicHat
Experienced User
19 days ago

If you have no items on hand the inventory balance must be zero

In my inventory it shows i have 2 items on hand, when i go to enter an adjustment journal to use them 2 items on hand, it comes up with the error "If you have no items on hand the inventory balance must be zero". But i do have 2 items on hand.. Please someone help me why i cant use these 2 items??

3 Replies

• Hi MagicHat 

You don't show the value used on the IAJ for this item. The value must be -$187.62. If this is the value you are using, and you are still getting this message, the actual amount might need to be -$187.61999999898487236.

If this is the problem, MYOB have a number of Inventory Scripts that they can run that might fix this (set the value to $187.62). However I have seen a number of instances where the script does not fix these (esp if you use Auto build which it seems you do) - in this case the file will need to be fixed via the back end by MYOB or others.

Regards

Gavin

MagicHat
    Experienced User

I am still having problems with this item, I tried changing the amount and still no luck, when i change the quantity being used to 1 item or 1.5 it works, but will not let me use the 2 that is left in stock..

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MagicHat,

If you're still having issues with entering adjustment journal for your two on hand items , I highly recommend using our virtual assistant MOCA? It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

You may create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen