Forum Discussion

JimP
Contributing User
6 months ago

Application operation has timed out

I am frequently ha ving normal processes "hanging" - the cursor turns into a rotating circle and nothing happens. Eventually I get the error message, "An application operation has timed out. Would you like to retry?" I click yes, but it does it again.

What's going on, is this a server issue? Too many clients trying to access their files? Getting very annoying and time-wasting.

3 Replies

JimP
    Contributing User

Post script to this: Each time it timed out and I re-tried, it actually had worked - entered the same purchase three times! Now it hangs each time I try to delete the extra purchases. 

What a waste of time.

Leneth_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JimP

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are sorry to hear you are having challenges due to the application operation time-out error you are receiving. We appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

A timeout error is caused when AccountRight is asked to process more information than it can handle in a specific timeframe. 

When you are experiencing timeout errors in AccountRight, I would recommend going through the steps of this article: AccountRight not responding.  

If you are still getting a timeout error, then you could try to apply the timeout extender. I will be sending a private message to you for more information and instructions. To access this, please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
      Leneth

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JimP

Thank you again for bringing your inquiry with us. We are glad we have provided you with a solution to your concern via private message. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to start a post again and one of our moderators will attend to it. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth