Forum Discussion

JDB1
User
3 years ago

auto-build not working on some items

recently the auto-build has not worked when recording an invoice (on some items)

the transaction journal for the sale has worked - but not the auto-build

how can I check why this is happening

I am having to manually add the auto-build 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JDB1 

Apologies for the delay in response.

Generally, this can happen if there is not enough stock for the items making up the auto-build item, however, you should still get the window to build or buy those items. Are you getting any error messages while trying to record the invoice? If yes, please attach the screenshot of the error and also check the current quantity on hand for the component items. 

I would also recommend clearing the AccountRight cache and then trying to record the invoice again to check if you then get the window for auto-building the items. 

JDB1
      User

thank you for your response

the problem is not a stock issue

I have found that if you send the invoice to disk before recording it you can no longer do the auto-build

However if you do this the system does tell you the invoice will be recorded first - but the auto-build part is lost

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JDB1 

Thanks for providing additional information on this, if the invoice is getting recorded fine and is presenting the auto-build window when the Send to Disk function is not used, I will pass this on to the development team so the issue with the Send to disk and auto-build interference can be addressed.