Forum Discussion

Ben_S
Contributing Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

bank returned payment because incorrect payee details

Hi

I made a payment of an invoice within an bulk EFT payment and one invoice payment has been credited back due to incorrect payee bank details.

How is the best way to to report this as I intend to make this payment once I confirm the correct payee bankk details.

• Hi Ben_S 

Go to find transactions and call up the supplier card.

Find the payment and click the left arrow, when the payment comes up, then right click and say reverse payment.

Unfortunately it will not let you change the account so it will go to electronic payments.

So now go to prepare electronic payments, click on the left arrow and then go up top and change the account to your bank account.  This will put the credit in your bank rec.

Once supplier gives you correct details you can change in their card and remake the payment to them.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ben_S 

Go to find transactions and call up the supplier card.

Find the payment and click the left arrow, when the payment comes up, then right click and say reverse payment.

Unfortunately it will not let you change the account so it will go to electronic payments.

So now go to prepare electronic payments, click on the left arrow and then go up top and change the account to your bank account.  This will put the credit in your bank rec.

Once supplier gives you correct details you can change in their card and remake the payment to them.

Ben_S
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Julie

Thanks so much! Perfect! :)