Forum Discussion

Wendy18
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

BPAY PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED

A customer has paid via BPay through online payments but we have not received the funds and the invoice is still showing as outstanding. Have also not received a receipt as we usually do although the customer has forwarded an internet banking receipt showing payment status of 'processed'. Where do I look to find out what has happened as we definitely havent received payment. It was over ten days ago so it should have arrived by now.

• Hi Wendy18

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. 

We are glad that the issue has been resolved and the payment was traced. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We also appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. And thank you so much for sharing your helpful insights in the Community Forum. Rest assured that we will raise this to the relevant team.  

If you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Wendy18
    Experienced Cover User

Update - the funds have definitely left the customers account but not been received by us. It appears they have entered one digit incorrectly on the reference number so assuming this is the issue but where are the funds????

Would also be really great if there was a phone number to contact MYOB - all of the 'contact us' go round in circles and the live chat don't seem to support Accountright!! 

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Wendy18,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

I am sorry for the delayed response. In this regard, If you made a BPAY payment and it is missing from your account or you have not received the payment yet, it could be for a few reasons. Payment has not been processed by the bank or financial institution, and incorrect or blank reference/payment details were entered. BPAY payments can take 72 hours (about 3 days) to be applied to the account. If the payment is already taken out from your customer's account, we recommend checking with your bank or financial institution to check if the payment was successful. You can also contact us here.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this, We are happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Wendy18
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your reply Celia.

As per my update to the original post, the funds did leave the customers account and we discovered the issue was due to them entering an incorrect reference number.

I happened to eventually find a contact number for MYOB online payments (1300 783 674 for anyone else in this situation - would be handy to have this on your site or anywhere really!) and spoke to someone who traced the payment and told me it was in some sort of suspense account - once I advised them of the issue it was returned to the customer who then paid the invoice again (via direct debit to avoid this issue).

Have to say I do wonder how many other payments are sitting in this 'limbo' account due to users not knowing how to resolve this issue or contact the right area of MYOB. Rather than your 'contact us' option which only appears to divert to online FAQ which don't ever relate to the issue, perhaps a list of numbers, so we can actually speak to a person, would be helpful.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Wendy18

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. 

We are glad that the issue has been resolved and the payment was traced. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We also appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. And thank you so much for sharing your helpful insights in the Community Forum. Rest assured that we will raise this to the relevant team.  

If you need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Best Regards, 

Cel