Forum Discussion

Karoman55
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago
Solved

deleting jobs

I run Account Right and I used to be able to delete 50 jobs at a time.  Now that my file is online I can only do one at a time?

Is there a way around this?

Karoman

• Hi Karoman55 

Even offline MYOB allows only one Job deletion at a time. If you delete a Header Job, MYOB also deletes sub Jobs. So technically you could update Jobs via import. Create a new Header Job called 'ToBedeleted' or similar. Then update jobs to be deleted by making them a sub job of the new header job. Then simply delete the Header Job.

FYI if you have a large number of Jobs, this import might time out before it completes. With a large number to delete, it would be easier to use a bulk delete service such as here - Delete Jobs in Bulk

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

• Hi Karoman55 

Even offline MYOB allows only one Job deletion at a time. If you delete a Header Job, MYOB also deletes sub Jobs. So technically you could update Jobs via import. Create a new Header Job called 'ToBedeleted' or similar. Then update jobs to be deleted by making them a sub job of the new header job. Then simply delete the Header Job.

FYI if you have a large number of Jobs, this import might time out before it completes. With a large number to delete, it would be easier to use a bulk delete service such as here - Delete Jobs in Bulk

Regards

Gavin

Karoman55
      Experienced Cover User

Yes - that's how I have deleted them before, but now its online it doesn't seem to want to play ball .  I only upload 50 at a time, but as I said it won't work now.

I might have to use the bulk delete people.  It's just frustrating when something has always worked before and then upgrades remove them

Thanks for your help

Karoman

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Karoman55,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the delay in response. I understand how frustrating it is to go through the process of deleting jobs one at a time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience with this. It appears that the online version of AccountRight has limitations when it comes to deleting multiple jobs at once compared to the desktop version.

I would like to thank gavin12345  for providing such helpful information. We always appreciate the knowledge you're sharing with our community forum fellows.

Also, please be informed that we will be closing this thread now. Feel free to post again anytime you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella