Forum Discussion

Rod142
Contributing User
3 months ago
Solved

Editing number of items per buying unit

Is it possible to edit the number of items per buying unit? We used to purchase an item in a pack of 100 with the number of items per buying unit as "1". We used to issue them out in packs of 100, so it was adjusted as "1" also. However, we now issue the item out individually and therefore we need to change the buying unit of measure to Pack, and the number of items per buying unit to 100, to allow us to issue/adjust individually.

I have seen previous requests in 2022 and 2016 on this forum. Has this been updated to accommodate this or do we have to mark the old iteminactive and create a new item? If this is the case, is there a way of duplicating the item and then updating the relevant information?

Appreciate any assistance.

• Hi Rod142,

Your detailed explanation of your concern is greatly appreciated. I understand that your situation requires you to sell the contents of a single pack individually, and I apologize for the delay in our response.

From the information you've shared, it seems the most suitable solution would be to create a new item for the 1/100 item you mentioned. This is because the way you purchase the item remains the same, but the way you sell it has changed. You can then establish an auto-build from the original item to the new item as individuals for 100 pieces. I suggest going through the 'Auto-Building Items' article for a better understanding of this feature.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Rod142,

Your detailed explanation of your concern is greatly appreciated. I understand that your situation requires you to sell the contents of a single pack individually, and I apologize for the delay in our response.

From the information you've shared, it seems the most suitable solution would be to create a new item for the 1/100 item you mentioned. This is because the way you purchase the item remains the same, but the way you sell it has changed. You can then establish an auto-build from the original item to the new item as individuals for 100 pieces. I suggest going through the 'Auto-Building Items' article for a better understanding of this feature.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve