Forum Discussion

Freedomcare
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

EXPORTING REPORTS TO EXCEL

When exporting a report to Excel, the option is greyed out.

My understanding is that Microsoft Programs need to be installed prior to MYOB being installed, and the Installation will recognize Microsoft Programs.

I have had MYOB prior to the Online version and had no issues.

Is there a procedure for MYOB to recognize Microsoft Excel, and for that matter, other Microsoft programs.

• Hi Freedomcare

Thank you for your post. The Export to Excel button is greyed out if you don't have a supported version of Microsoft Excel installed (2010 or later). You can export the report as a CSV or TSV file after displaying the report, and then open the file using Excel. If you're using Office 365 please make sure Excel is installed on your computer and not accessed via a web browser. 

Also, if you've selected a custom report, the Export to Excel button is unavailable in the Index to Reports window, however you can export the report to Excel after displaying it.

Please do let me know how you go. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have anymore questions, we are more than happy to assist.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Freedomcare

Thank you for your post. The Export to Excel button is greyed out if you don't have a supported version of Microsoft Excel installed (2010 or later). You can export the report as a CSV or TSV file after displaying the report, and then open the file using Excel. If you're using Office 365 please make sure Excel is installed on your computer and not accessed via a web browser. 

Also, if you've selected a custom report, the Export to Excel button is unavailable in the Index to Reports window, however you can export the report to Excel after displaying it.

Please do let me know how you go. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have anymore questions, we are more than happy to assist.

Freedomcare
      Experienced Cover User

HI Melissa

thanks for your quick response.

Will confirm if we have proper version of Excel.

Failing that, exporting as CSV does work, just needed to refresh procedure to alter Text formatting to Excel format.

All good.