Forum Discussion

PureSpring
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Finance Charge on Statement

Hi, I am having trouble getting rid of a finance charge appearing on bottom of a customer statement. The charge is set to 0% on the card file and there is no “Finance charge invoice” on the account. I have searched find transactions using the card tab and there’s are no finance charges showing. I’m at a loss as to where to find it so I can get rid of it before sending the statements? 

Thankyou 

• Hi PureSpring 

Are you wanting to remove the finance charge field or have that listed but have that value show as $0.00?

If it is a case of you would like to remove the field, you would need to navigate to your customise form - Setup>>Customise Forms>>Statements>>Select the desired form>>Customise. Once in the customise form, select the desired fields and select Delete. This will remove the field from the customise form so it will not be listed on the form.

Should you be looking at having that field set to $0.00, it would be a matter of going through the open invoices for that customer and change the individual terms of each invoice. You would be looking at ensuring that the % Monthly Charge for Late Payment set to be 0.00 %.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi PureSpring 

Are you wanting to remove the finance charge field or have that listed but have that value show as $0.00?

If it is a case of you would like to remove the field, you would need to navigate to your customise form - Setup>>Customise Forms>>Statements>>Select the desired form>>Customise. Once in the customise form, select the desired fields and select Delete. This will remove the field from the customise form so it will not be listed on the form.

Should you be looking at having that field set to $0.00, it would be a matter of going through the open invoices for that customer and change the individual terms of each invoice. You would be looking at ensuring that the % Monthly Charge for Late Payment set to be 0.00 %.

PureSpring
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven

thanks for that, we are wanting to make the Finance charge 0.00 and wondering if there's an easier way to find all invoices that have this charge calculated  because to look at all individual invoices is timely.

We are uncertain which clients have this charge applied to their statement.

Regards

Mark

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi PureSpring 

As the finance charge doesn't generate a transaction, unless it has been included on a payment, you wouldn't be able to generate a report on that amount. In addition to that, while you can add the Terms of an invoice to the report such as the Sales [Customer Detail],the finance charge percentage sits outside of that.

To my knowledge, the only way to obtain whether a finance charge amount has been listed on the invoice is to actually review that Terms Information window for the invoice. Some others in the MYOB Community may have some better ideas, however, I'm not familiar with any magical ways of getting that information.