Forum Discussion

PBTannie
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Including surcharge for payments

Hi!

we have turned on "allow surcharge"for online payments. We are finding that Myob randomly chooses who gets this. Very annoying. is there any way that it can be applied to all invoices automatically? I have to manually tick the box at the moment. 

NB: They are not reoccuring invoices. 

• Hi, PBTannie 

Thanks for posting. I have read the thread above.

To turn on surcharges for all of your invoices, follow these steps:

1. Click your business name and choose Sales settings.
    2. Click the Payments tab.
    3. Click Edit preferences. If prompted, sign in with your MYOB account details.
    4. Select the option Enable the option to pass on credit card surcharges and choose the applicable income account. This will be the MYOB income account you want to use to track surcharges.
    5. Click Save. Now, you just need to create and send invoices like you normally would. See Creating invoices and Emailing, printing or downloading invoices if you need a refresher.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Regards,

Hannah

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PBTannie 

Thank you so much for your post. In your AccountRight Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.

> Click the Emailing tab.

> Click Edit payment options.

> If prompted, log in with your MYOB details.

> Select the option Enable the option to pass on credit card surcharges and choose the applicable income account. ...

> Click Save.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

PBTannie
      Experienced Cover User

HI Earl

Thanks for the reply. Yes we have done this, however MYOB is still picking and choosing who gets the surcharge. We want every customer to have the surcharge. Is this a fault within MYOB?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PBTannie 

If you're already using online payments, you can turn on customer surcharging. This will apply to all customers who make payments using a credit or debit card.

When customer surcharging is turned on, the 1.8% surcharge fee can be passed on to your customers. The 1.8% surcharge fee is GST inclusive, regardless of whether the invoice includes GST.

Next, you just need to create and send invoices like you normally would.

Please also note that if a customer chooses to pay via BPAY, they will not incur a surcharge fee. However, you will continue to be charged any fees related to payments received via BPAY.
        Regards,
        Earl