Forum Discussion

lindso
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Inventory Report showing sale price and last cost incl price

Where can I find a report that can provide me with a list of inventory items showing sale price and last cost, not standard cost or average cost? When I'm in the Inventory command centre and to the the Items List, the information is right there in front of me on the screen, but when I go to print from the screen, MYOB prints the "Items List Summary Report" which does not show the the last cost of the item in the report. I have tried to export the data using ITEMS data type, but this field is missinig.

I just want a report that shows the current sale price and last actual purchase price for each item (not the standard cost as this field has to be physically changed when each item purchase cost changes and nobody's got time to do that). I can't find one single inventory report that contains this "last cost" field to choose to create a report.

Thank you.

• Hi lindso 

Why don't you just use the Inventory>>Item List window? This should show the Item Number, Name, Last Cost and Sell Price. If you wanted this in a report format, you could right-click on the Item List window and select Copy List to Clipboard. This will copy the on-screen information to the Windows Clipboard to allow you to paste into another application such as Notepad or Excel.

If you are strictly wanting a report, the Inventory>>Price Analysis report with the Cost Basis being Last Price would be one to look into.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi lindso 

Why don't you just use the Inventory>>Item List window? This should show the Item Number, Name, Last Cost and Sell Price. If you wanted this in a report format, you could right-click on the Item List window and select Copy List to Clipboard. This will copy the on-screen information to the Windows Clipboard to allow you to paste into another application such as Notepad or Excel.

If you are strictly wanting a report, the Inventory>>Price Analysis report with the Cost Basis being Last Price would be one to look into.

lindso
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Steven_M 

Excellent, thank you!! As I stated I was in the Item List window but tried to print the report from there (not knowing I could copy and paste) which gave the Item List Summary Report (not including the Last Cost Price) but I need the Price Analysis Report as suggested and change the cost basis from Average Cost to Last Price.