Forum Discussion

MichelleOsborne
Contributing User
3 months ago
Solved

Invoice number not continuing

I have created a new invoice and instead of the next consecutive invoice number it is being listed as "Rev N6" my next number should be 1743. first it was Rev N5 then when I tried again it has Rev N6. How do I change it back to following the number sequence?

• Hi MichelleOsborne

Thanks for your post.

By default each time an invoice or purchase is created it tries to use the next number in the internal sequence. There may be instances when the invoice number auto-number sequence can get pulled out of sequence, especially if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order.

You may need to simply adjust the invoice number on the field to the number you need before hitting the record button. You might need to do this a few times to get AccountRight back in sync with the latest invoice number sequence.

Sometimes, it might need a little nudge and you may have to leap to a number in the future sequence for it to catch on. If manually updating the number and recording it doesn't set the next number to 102, try a bigger leap, say to 120, and see if it picks up the beat from there.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MichelleOsborne

Thanks for your post.

By default each time an invoice or purchase is created it tries to use the next number in the internal sequence. There may be instances when the invoice number auto-number sequence can get pulled out of sequence, especially if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order.

You may need to simply adjust the invoice number on the field to the number you need before hitting the record button. You might need to do this a few times to get AccountRight back in sync with the latest invoice number sequence.

Sometimes, it might need a little nudge and you may have to leap to a number in the future sequence for it to catch on. If manually updating the number and recording it doesn't set the next number to 102, try a bigger leap, say to 120, and see if it picks up the beat from there.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen