Forum Discussion

nduro
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Invoice Number search through 'Find Transactions' not finding the correct record

When we sometimes try to search a Invoice Number through "Find Transactions" it is not finding the correct record even though it exists and it automatically diverts to some old invoice number.

eg. We searched for 276411 which is in the system as a Quote, but Find Transactions will not find it?

Any ideas?

Thanks Nathan

• Hi nduro 

Currently, as no accounts are being affected by a quote, the transaction will not appear in the Find Transaction>>Invoice list. 

A workaround would be to go Sales>>Sales Register>>Select the Quote tab and select a transaction in the list. You would then select the CTRL + SHIFT + F keys this will bring up the advance search option. If you type in the search box, the program would search that table for any records relating to that field. So if you enter in the quote number this will bring up the relevant quote which can be clicked on to open.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi nduro 

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried clearing the AccountRight cache?

Deleting Cache files

1. To open the Run Box use the Shortcut Keys, Windows Key + R.
    2. In the Run Box type with no spaces %localappdata%/myob

3. This brings up File Explorer, double click the folder AccountRight.

4. Double Click the folder that matches the AccountRight version Since 2021.1 the latest release installed will use the Current folder.

5. Double click into the Cache folder

6. In this folder are the cache files, you can delete (or rename to old.name.cache)

The Cache Files are named similar to:

companyFileCache_localhost16977MyCDFFileNameHere.cache

Please Note: This will not lose any data

If this doesn't solve it, could you please give me some more information. Does it happen to all invoice numbers? How are they dated? Could you give me a screenshot of the Find Transactions screen, showing the searched number and old number it diverts to?

nduro
      Experienced User

Hi Yanike_S 

Thanks for that. I tried clearing the Cache on all local desktops but didnt help.

I have narrow the situation down to only when trying to search for a number that is a QUOTE. It will not find it.

Maybe "Find Transactions" search cannot find quote numbers? Its odd if that is the case and how else would you search for a quote number to find it.

Screen shot attached showing example.

If I try to search for Quote Number 00276416 (Dated 1/7/2021), Find Transctions cannot find it and reverts automatically to an old 2016 invoice number 00193277.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi nduro 

Currently, as no accounts are being affected by a quote, the transaction will not appear in the Find Transaction>>Invoice list. 

A workaround would be to go Sales>>Sales Register>>Select the Quote tab and select a transaction in the list. You would then select the CTRL + SHIFT + F keys this will bring up the advance search option. If you type in the search box, the program would search that table for any records relating to that field. So if you enter in the quote number this will bring up the relevant quote which can be clicked on to open.