Forum Discussion

David65
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Job P&L Report not working

For 2 days I have received the error message "unable to load report" when I try to run a Job P&L.  It has always worked previously and all other reports are working.  Please assist

• Hi David65 

Thanks for your post. We have seen this error if you are trying to run the Job profit and loss when there are any VOID transactions in the date range. Note that a VOID transaction is created by recording a $0 transaction allocated to the job. Using the Find transactions, locate transactions with a transaction line with both a void ($0) amount and a job number. Remove these void lines and resave the transaction. When all void transaction lines have been removed the report will run without issue.

Let me know how you get on with this.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    David65
    Experienced User

For 2 days I have received the error message "unable to load report" when I try to run a Job P&L.  It has always worked previously and all other reports are working.  Please assist

Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi David65 

Thanks for your post. We have seen this error if you are trying to run the Job profit and loss when there are any VOID transactions in the date range. Note that a VOID transaction is created by recording a $0 transaction allocated to the job. Using the Find transactions, locate transactions with a transaction line with both a void ($0) amount and a job number. Remove these void lines and resave the transaction. When all void transaction lines have been removed the report will run without issue.

Let me know how you get on with this.

David65
      Experienced User

This did not help.  There are no "void"transactions and I still cant get a job P&L - I am so close to dumping MYOB - I have the same issues every month

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi David65 

Run the Job Profit and loss from the start of the financial year for 1 month at a time to find the month the error starts. Once you locate the month run it for the start of the month moving the date out 1 at a time to find the date the error starts.

Once you locate the exact date run the Job Transactions (accrual) report for the date and check all transactions on that date for any with a nil line ($0 line). Either delete this line or add $1 to it and record. Then remove the $1 and record it again. Check the Job Profit and Loss works for the given date now.

As this error is only known to happen due to void transactions, if you are certain there are no such transactions, please try refreshing the browser and te report should run successfully.