Forum Discussion

ClaireL
Experienced User
13 days ago

MYOB PayBy

Since the update of MYOB Online Invoice fees being applied to sales invoices on the go - our Bank feeds are not matching up with our MYOB PayBY sales invoices.

Also- when I open the customer's sales invoice- the invoice still is "open". Even though when I "view all activity" it clearly shows that the customer has paid.

I've done a quick search - I've made sure that our account settings are "Auto-approve bank transactions matched to MYOB transactions" and we have allocated a Ledger account for the online fees. 

I've run out of troubleshooting to try- could someone please advise how to get this automatically matching again to maintain efficiency? 

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ClaireL,

Thanks for your detailed post. Typically, matching invoices is simpler when they're still open. However, with MYOB Payby transactions, these invoices will be closed but will remain in the undeposited funds until they're deposited into your bank account. Additionally, a properly configured MYOB Payby lump sum transaction should automatically match itself to the Bank Feed. 

Explore our help article on managing online invoice payments, including information on MYOB Payby and guidelines for reconciling these transactions.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

ClaireL
      Experienced User

Hi Earl,

The sale is still open- it is not closed in our system- it still appears as a balance owing- even though when I open the "View all activity" I can see the customer has paid and has been sent a receipt of that payment- and we have received the deposit into our account.

We have the online payments set up to a bank account and have allocated the fee account to merchant bank fees. Our business is set up to pay the surcharge.

It looks like the payment and the fees associated aren't recorded anywhere in our system- hence the bank feeds are not automatically matching because there is no payment recorded anywhere. I've checked our merchant banking account transactions and it has not recorded the fee payments.

When I go to our online payments portal- I can open the lump sum for the day, and see a perfect breakdown of the invoices and the fees applied.

Is there any further set-up that we may have missed?

ClaireL
        Experienced User

Hi Earl_HD 

Would you have any further trouble shooting we can look into.

Claire