Forum Discussion

Shawparth
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Random stock adjustments

I have been on hold with MYOB for nearly 45 minutes now and loosing patience.  What is going on with the help service?? Anyway - need to urgently speak to someone as our stock is getting adjusted (not by us) and it is dating back to March 2021..... adjustments being made to stock that just aren't real... it really is affecting our business.  I need someone to get in touch with me about this ASAP. It is ridiculous that we can't speak to someone????

MikeNash
    2 years ago

Hi MIke

I've investigated this with the team internally, and seems we have some answers.  

The updates from TE were on Automatic, until they were set to manual this week after a support call into Tall Emu.  So we don't have random transactions going over (!) or the system doing things that are crazy or Random.

What seems to have happened here is that TE has been trying to adjust inventory based on its own maintained stock levels, because TE was set as the stock-master.   

I understood that Shawparth had stopped using TE, but not disconnected the MYOB... effectively making MYOB the "Real world" stock master, but TE was still configured to be so.      From the TE perspective - the stock levels in MYOB started to get out of Sync (due to sales and transactions being done there, instead of TE) and so TE has tried to bring it back inline.      I am going to have to consider some changes to that logic, actually to avoid this kind of thing happening again.

Darryl from our team has spoken with Juanita at Shawparth, and I think everyone agrees that trying to make some automated fix is likely to exacerbate the situation.   Latest I have is that they're progressing through with some manual corrections (rather than a full stocktake) and the situation is now clear and on the way to being fixed.

I will say  Shawparth  - that if this is not the case, and I have it wrong  - then please let me or the team know, and we'll help you out.   

Sorry for any problems or stress this has caused.

Cheers

Mike

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Shawparth 

Thanks for your post. I am happy to have a look into this for you. Could you run the Journal Security Audit report (available through Reports>>Accounts>>Security and Audit). This report can be filtered by Source Journal: Inventory. It will link User IDs to the inventory adjustments made.

If you are still unsure, could you share some screenshots of the inventory adjustments and the Journal Security Audit report?

Some more ways of investigating the adjustments:

Inventory Adjustment journals are displayed in the Inventory Transaction Journal report. This report is more focused on the debits and credits within journals. You can also consider looking at the Item Register [Detail] report, which displays the adjustments of items within a date range, it can include information such as quantity changed and can also be customised to add additional columns.

Alternatively, you can use File > Import/Export Assistant > Inventory Adjustments to export the transaction recorded. Open the exported text file in Excel which will be displayed in a very similar layout to the journal.

Shawparth
      Experienced User

Hi Yanike,

I really hope you can help.  Our issue apparently has been escalated but we are unable to talk to the lady we have been dealing with in the Phillipines as she is on other calls and can't get back to us.  I will send through the report you are asking for. It really is affecting our business and may even cripple it.  Please note all these adjustments have come under my name and I have now taken myself off MYOB to try and stop more adjustments from happening... there are 100's of pages worth... what to do??? Please help.  

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Shawparth 

Could you open the journal security report, click on the ID no. for one of those adjustments and send a screenshot of the window that opens? 

Have there been any more adjustments since you are off the file?

• Hi - I'm checking into this with the team now.

Give me please a little time to understand what's happened, and we can figure ouyt how to fix it.

Regards,

Mike

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi MikeNash , I understand that the deletions are now being done manually this week, but it would be useful to know the cause, as updates from TE were apparently configured as manual.

MikeNash
        MYOB Staff

Hi MIke

I've investigated this with the team internally, and seems we have some answers.  

The updates from TE were on Automatic, until they were set to manual this week after a support call into Tall Emu.  So we don't have random transactions going over (!) or the system doing things that are crazy or Random.

What seems to have happened here is that TE has been trying to adjust inventory based on its own maintained stock levels, because TE was set as the stock-master.   

I understood that Shawparth had stopped using TE, but not disconnected the MYOB... effectively making MYOB the "Real world" stock master, but TE was still configured to be so.      From the TE perspective - the stock levels in MYOB started to get out of Sync (due to sales and transactions being done there, instead of TE) and so TE has tried to bring it back inline.      I am going to have to consider some changes to that logic, actually to avoid this kind of thing happening again.

Darryl from our team has spoken with Juanita at Shawparth, and I think everyone agrees that trying to make some automated fix is likely to exacerbate the situation.   Latest I have is that they're progressing through with some manual corrections (rather than a full stocktake) and the situation is now clear and on the way to being fixed.

I will say  Shawparth  - that if this is not the case, and I have it wrong  - then please let me or the team know, and we'll help you out.   

Sorry for any problems or stress this has caused.

Cheers

Mike