Forum Discussion

lmm0211
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Recurring Transactions changing layout

I have created several invoices using the "Time Billing" Layout and saved them as recurring transactions as they will be used frequently, but when I select one of them to use the layout defaults to "Item" and when I change it back to "Time Billing" I lose all the information I have there so it is useless! 

Is there a way I can fix this so it stays as the "time billing" layout?

• Hi lmm0211 , this has been an issue for a while. if you use an activity item on the first line (blank/zero if necessary), then the time-billing layout will be retained. I think the dummy line can be deleted before saving any invoice created using the recurring transaction.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi lmm0211 , this has been an issue for a while. if you use an activity item on the first line (blank/zero if necessary), then the time-billing layout will be retained. I think the dummy line can be deleted before saving any invoice created using the recurring transaction.

lmm0211
      Contributing User

Thank you. I will give that a try. 

lmm0211
      Contributing User

All my lines have activity items used so this still doesn't work. Still defaulting back to the "Item" layout :(

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi lmm0211 

Time billing is used for businesses that predominantly sell time. You can specify billing rates based on the activity, and the system will use the activity slips to create the time billing invoice. As the workflow for creating this type of invoice is created from an activity slip, it is not possible to create a time-billing recurring transaction.

You mentioned using activity items, can I confirm; are you trying to use items or time billing activities in your invoice? If you want to use items then you can make it a recurring transaction, however, if you want to use time billing then you would need to create it from the activity slips.

Hope that explanation clarifies it for you, but if you still have further questions, feel free to reply with a screenshot of the transaction so I can give you more specific advice. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.