Forum Discussion

Rick_AGT
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Sales Invoice Numbers Duplicated

I'm getting duplicated sales invoice numbers. Is there a fix? I'm using AU 2020.2.2 Build 2020.2.23.9038

• Hi Rick_AGT 

Thank you for your post. 

When you have the preference Warn for duplicate invoice numbers on recorded sales or purchases ticked ( Set up > Preferences > Sales/Purchases tab) you should be getting a warning so we'll need to do some troubleshooting. The first thing I'd like to try is Clearing the Accountright cache, as this can resolve odd behaviour.  After you've done this try entering a sale with a duplicate invoice number and see if you get the warning.

Please let me know how you go.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi Rick_AGT 

Thank you for your post. 

When you have the preference Warn for duplicate invoice numbers on recorded sales or purchases ticked ( Set up > Preferences > Sales/Purchases tab) you should be getting a warning so we'll need to do some troubleshooting. The first thing I'd like to try is Clearing the Accountright cache, as this can resolve odd behaviour.  After you've done this try entering a sale with a duplicate invoice number and see if you get the warning.

Please let me know how you go.

Rick_AGT
      Contributing User

Ok so I didn't have that box ticked for sales invoices.  We have always allowed the system to generate its own what we thought were sequential numbers.  Ticking the box now shows a warning.  Thanks for your help