Forum Discussion

SD007
User
6 months ago
Solved

Standard cost price

Hi there! Could you help me out with something? I'm a bit confused as to why the standard cost price isn't showing up even though I've already selected the preference for one item code. All other item codes seem to be working correctly. Can you shed some light on this for me? Thanks!

• Hi SD007

Thanks for the response and the screenshots you've provided. 

Based on your screenshots, the bill with the item line amounting to $0 automatically populates because that amount is the amount shown in the last purchase price in the buying details. 

To correct this, you will need to manually input the price of this item for the next recorded purchase, and it use that price moving forward. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

5 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SD007

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your items not using the standard cost. In my understanding, to use the standard cost for purchase transactions, you need to turn the option on or off from the Setup > Preferences > Inventory tab window. But changing this preference would impact all items. May I clarify how you set your items and what we are trying to achieve? 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

SD007
      User

Hey Genreve,

Thanks for your feedback. 

The option on or off from the Setup > Preferences > Inventory tab window is activated most items are working fine but these are a few that still come up with an average cost from somewhere. How can I fix these issues for those items in question?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SD007

Thanks for your response. 

We appreciate your effort in adding this information. May I ask you to send us a screenshot of the Profile, Buying Details, and Selling Details tabs of one of the items that come up with an average cost from elsewhere? 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
        Genreve