Forum Discussion

PIP2
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Supplier card balance difference between open purchases

Hi, We have a number of suppliers that are showing amounts owing on the Supplier card but not in open purchases.    Wondering why this and how it can be corrected.  I have attached a copy of one of them for your reference.   I have selected a wide date range in purchases in case the document had an incorrect date entered but still didn't show this amount as owing ?

• Hi PIP2 

You should have received an email inviting you to upload your file so the right team can have a look at your file. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Resolved via Datafile Repair ~YS

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PIP2 

Thanks for your post. Could you check the following:

1.  Check if the card is definitely out of balance by running an Aged Receivables Detail or Summary dated 31/12/9999 and check if there is no out of balance in the report for that card.
      If there is OOB in the report as well, it means you need to check the transactions which caused OOB like if there are any duplicates or incorrect ones
    2. On the card drill into the arrow next to the balance on the card and see if there are any open transactions which equals the card balance, If Yes, then the card is not OOB
    3. Sometimes, some incorrect credit notes added to the card can cause this issue too so check if there are any credit notes added incorrectly and closed instead of reversing the actual invoices

Once you have confirmed all the above scenarios and still the card is out of balance, please send me screenshots of the above and I will be able to escalate this for you as it is likely your file might need a repair.  

PIP2
      Experienced User

Hi, Thank you for your email.  I have done the checks you requested and the cards are still out of balance.   I have found 7 suppliers that have values on the card but not on the Aged Payables Summary and 9 Suppliers that have a value on the card that is different to the Aged Payables summary.    Due to the number of Suppliers found is there an email address I can send our Aged Payable Summary and the print out of the card List summary that I have highlighted the errors on for you to see. 

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PIP2 

Thanks for checking that. I have send you a private message with some more information. You can access this by clicking on your avatar on the top right corner and selecting the envelop.