Forum Discussion

RoxyAtButtery
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Accountright Payroll crashes

Hi. MYOB Accountright crashes pretty much once per payroll fortnight for us. It crashes when we attempt to record the transaction. We have a fairly large payroll so it causes quite a lot of stress hoping it doesn't crash for a second time. Could we please send the error logs in so that you can see if there is something that can be fixed so that this doesn't happen again? Please confirm which log(s) you need and where we should send them. Cheers, Roxy.
  • Hi RoxyAtButtery

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. Can I please confirm how many employees you are processing at a time when the error occurs ?

To troubleshoot I would suggest attempting the following:

• If your file is online can you please check out the file and process the payroll, does the software crash when it is checked out ?
    • Can you please clear your AccountRight cache, does the software still crash after clearing the cache ?

You can definitely attach the Diagnostic log of the file if it still crashes to this post, the following forum post has instructions on how to retrieve the Diagnostic log

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RoxyAtButtery

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. Can I please confirm how many employees you are processing at a time when the error occurs ?

To troubleshoot I would suggest attempting the following:

• If your file is online can you please check out the file and process the payroll, does the software crash when it is checked out ?
    • Can you please clear your AccountRight cache, does the software still crash after clearing the cache ?

You can definitely attach the Diagnostic log of the file if it still crashes to this post, the following forum post has instructions on how to retrieve the Diagnostic log

RoxyAtButtery
      Experienced Cover User
      Hi Melisa_D We have about 85 staff members per payroll. I have not actually cleared any MYOB caches before. Have done that now in case it helps. We will certainly look at checking out the file to process payroll but as it prevents others from working it won't be our first option. I have attached the error log from the user concerned for yesterday in case it sheds any light for you. I just attempted to check the file out to test how that would work for us and received the attached warning. Noone else was logged in at the time - could you please advise what the warning means and how to resolve it? Cheers, Roxy.
        Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi RoxyAtButtery

AccountRight does have a hidden user called System. This particular user completes some of the system based tasks and functions,for example when you close your financial year the system user will be used to record the end of the financial year transaction (Current year earnings to Retained earnings). Generally, this particular user will be logged out automatically after completing the necessary task. In some cases, it can remain logged in, If all users have been logged out you can go ahead and select the 'Check out' button. 

As an additional troubleshooting step, I would suggest attempting to record payroll for 40 staff members at once while online, does this work ? 

Please let me know how you go with the troubleshooting steps.