Forum Discussion

Lizzyha
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Bonus/Commission Payruns not showing in EOFY Finalisation Totals

I have moved to STP Phase 2.  I have processed two Bonus/Commission Payruns and the amounts from these payruns are not showing in Single Touch Payroll reporting EOFY Finalisation Totals .

• The balances in my Payroll Activity and Payroll Register Reports are correct, match, balance and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns. 
  • My ATO Reporting Categories are set up correctly. 
  • Nothing is set as Tax Exempt. 
  • The amounts sent to the ATO are correct and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns.
  • When I check the ATO, the balances are correct and include the two Bonus/Commission Payruns.
  • I have even asked a couple of the staff to check their MyGov ATO balances and they are correct and include their bonus payments.

Is there another step needed to include these Bonus/Commission Payruns in the Single Touch Payroll reporting EOFY Finalisation Totals?  Thanks!

• UPDATE:  I to reversed the last fortnighlly payrun and reprocessed. All the missing data from the pay that was processed using 'period type Bonus/Commission' has now been included in the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report (Gross and PAYG balance) and has is now also included in each employees YTD Summary Report (Gross and PAYG SGC ). Huzzah!

Hope that helps anyone who is pulling their hair out trying to figure out why data is missing from their YTD Summary Reports or EOY Finalisation Report.  Check if you used 'pay period type Bonus/Commission'.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lizzyha 

Thanks for your post. In STP Phase 2 Bonus payments are reported separately in the YTD verification report under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category, not included in Gross payments as they were in Phase 1. 

If the Bonus payments do appear under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category in the YTD verification report they have been reported to the ATO correctly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

harta
      User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response to this post, it is very helpful.  Can you please confirm that the same treatment will apply to Overtime and Other Paid Leave under Phase 2 reporting? 

I can see that myself and many other community members are coming across this issue and are wasting so much valuable time trying to find the answer and ensure we are reporting correctly.

I think this is a topic MYOB need to be communicating to the wider community! A big change in reporting that the current EOFY guides are not highlighting or providing any guidance on. 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Lizzyha 

Great to hear you resolved your issue, thanks for letting us know.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Lizzyha
      Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response. I think I understand now not to process pays using the period type ‘Bonus/Commission’ if you require those amounts to be included in the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report.

But…things just got stranger! I reversed and reprocessed a pay for ONE employee to fix an incorrect annual leave allocation. I then checked their Gross Amount on the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report and it now INCUDES the missing amount that was processed via the pay period type ‘Bonus/Commission’! Yet all other employees are still missing that amount in their Gross Amount on the EOFY Finalisation Total Report. Their balances are still correct everywhere else. 

I am tempted to reverse the last payrun and reprocess the last pay run for all other employees to see if it fixes this for them too.  Would you suugest I try this? Thanks!

Lizzyha
        Cover User

UPDATE:  I to reversed the last fortnighlly payrun and reprocessed. All the missing data from the pay that was processed using 'period type Bonus/Commission' has now been included in the STP EOFY Finalisation Total Report (Gross and PAYG balance) and has is now also included in each employees YTD Summary Report (Gross and PAYG SGC ). Huzzah!

Hope that helps anyone who is pulling their hair out trying to figure out why data is missing from their YTD Summary Reports or EOY Finalisation Report.  Check if you used 'pay period type Bonus/Commission'.