Forum Discussion

jppavone
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

Correct Wrong ATO Payroll Reporting Category

Good Afternoon,

I'm in the process of completing a reconciliation of our 2022/2023 financial year payroll and I had a query regarding the information I can see when viewing the Payroll Reporting - Year to date Vertification Report and employee information in regards to Grosss amounts for the 2022/2023 financial year.

I can see that I have incorrectly included ATO Payroll Reporting Categories against some of our Payroll Items which has resulted in information showing in the Vertification Report under allowances that should be under Gross Pay. There is also some other errors I have picked up. This also has resulted in the Gross Amounts showing on the Single Touch Payroll Report for employees been less then from Payroll Activity Summaries from MYOB.

The issue is trying to correct how information is shown with the Vertification Report and also with how information is shown in the Single Touch Payroll Report.

I phoned the ATO yesterday and they told me it is more a software issue as they are only concerned with the overall figure that is reported. 

I have read some details on the community forum about updating payroll categories to the correct ATO Payroll Reporting Category and sending an updated event to reflect that change but I could not see that it worked after I tried it.

I would appreciate some assistance as I want to ensure the correct information is reported to allow me to complete the declaration by this coming Friday.

Thanks In Advance.

• Hi jppavone 

Thanks for your post.

After you have changed the ATO Reporting Category, you were able to process an update event to make sure it will update figures as well. If I may ask, were you able to change the Payroll year to 2022-2023 before sending an update event? If not, kindly change it to the correct payroll then send an update event again. Please refer to the screenshot below.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jppavone
    Experienced User

I seemed to have worked this out through running an updated event for the affected financial year and the figures have moved across to Gross Payments from allowances that needed to.

My only main issue is no figure appearing in the Reportable Employer Super Contribution (RESC) section on the Year-To-Date Vertification Report and I think then not been reflected in the Single touch Payroll reporting individual Gross amounts that are shown for employees.

I see others have had the same issue so hopefully someone can suggest the best way forward with this.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi jppavone 

Thanks for your response.

Kindly check the ATO Reporting Category used for your Reportable Employer Super Contribution (RESC) to make sure it is assigned correctly. Once changes have been made, please process an update event.

Best regards,

Doreen

jppavone
        Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for the reply.

The first part of my query has been resolved ensuring I completed a send pay event for the 2022/2023 Financial Year after the changes I made to the Payroll Categories.

With the Reportable Employer Super Contribution (RESC) I've included screenshots from the details included in Payroll Categories for the areas we include in MYOB. For the employees it is applicable to in the Pay Run it is a positive figure against the Super Salary Sacrifice and a negative figure against the Salary Sacrifice Super.

As you'll see the ATO Reporting Category for Super Salary Sacrifice is Gross Payments and for Salary Sacrifice Super is Salary Sacrifice and RESC.

As I mentioned in my original post when I print out the Payroll Reporting - Year-to-date Vertification Report from the Payroll Reporting Centre it shows under the Gross Payments Salary Sacrifice (RESC) a figure in brackets for the financial year and no figure is listed separately under Reportable Employer Super Contributions (RESC) whereas when I was completing the reconcilation in the previous financial year I was having a positive figure appear in that section with the negative figure appearing in the separate RESC section under ATO Reporting Category.

Please advise if I have to update any of the ATO Reporting Catgeories to ensure a positive figure appears?

I have read on the Community Forum that others have had the same issue as me but can't see that a solution has been included in their posts.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jppavone 

Thanks for your post.

After you have changed the ATO Reporting Category, you were able to process an update event to make sure it will update figures as well. If I may ask, were you able to change the Payroll year to 2022-2023 before sending an update event? If not, kindly change it to the correct payroll then send an update event again. Please refer to the screenshot below.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen