Forum Discussion

jpotit
User
11 months ago
Solved

Creating tax tables and uploading it in MYOB for other countries

MYOB is Built for Australia and New Zealand, however there are businesses outside of these two countries using MYOB. Does anyone in this forum have successfully uploaded or used MYOB with Tax Tables from Papua New Guinea or Solomon Islands? I see this particular web page advertising tax tables sold for AUD 150 for SI and PNG but I'm not sure if it really works? It would be helpful to know if anyone been able to successfully used this feature and imported the current tax tables for countries other than Australia & New Zealand.

Link to FGH Tables.

https://www.fghtables.com/myob/index.php

JP

PNG

jpotit
    11 months ago

Hi gavin12345 

This is good insight, I was just wondering if payroll module in MYOB v2023.5 can ever be utilised. I certainly can live with manually inputting tax calculations. I didnt require the payroll module given this limitation however I was told I cannot purchase any other subscription lower than AR Premier (for myob cloud). Now I just want to fully utilise the software to get value for money rather than paying for Attache separately to do my payroll. MYOB is one of the great products And I believe many PNG and SI businesses use MYOB (aside from QuickBooks and Attache). MYOB should at least make exceptions on creating/integrating tax tables for other neighbouring countries if it does not pose a data security risk.

Thank you again @garvin12345 for the information.

JP

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi jpotit 

Before 2005, MYOB allowed users to manually modify and update their tax tables. Since 2005 MYOB started to encrypt the tax tables, making it almost impossible for users to update tax tables. This was designed to force users to subscribe each year for the new tax tables. And it worked. MYOB revenues increased.

I know the owners of FGH Tables. In 2020 they worked out a way to make tax tables without breaching copyright etc. They still sell tax tables for MYOB v19. However not for AR2023. When MYOB released the newer version (AR2011 at the time), they added code specifically to stop tax tables made by others, such as FGH Tables. They want to force all users to pay annual subscriptions, even if nothing else changes.

So yes FGH Tables can make tax tables for PNG and SI, but only for I think MYOB v19.12 as the latest supported version.  While they sell Aust tax tables for later v19 versions, they will not work for the current MYOB version AR2023.5 etc.

With AR2023, there is no way to use the PAYG rates for PNG or SI etc. Users need to manually calculate and modify the PAYG calculated by MYOB.

Regards

Gavin

jpotit
      User

Hi gavin12345 

This is good insight, I was just wondering if payroll module in MYOB v2023.5 can ever be utilised. I certainly can live with manually inputting tax calculations. I didnt require the payroll module given this limitation however I was told I cannot purchase any other subscription lower than AR Premier (for myob cloud). Now I just want to fully utilise the software to get value for money rather than paying for Attache separately to do my payroll. MYOB is one of the great products And I believe many PNG and SI businesses use MYOB (aside from QuickBooks and Attache). MYOB should at least make exceptions on creating/integrating tax tables for other neighbouring countries if it does not pose a data security risk.

Thank you again @garvin12345 for the information.

JP