Forum Discussion

Ruthawps
Experienced Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

Default super fund

Hi all,

We have a new employee who does not have a super fund - how do I work out which fund in our list is the deafult and then how do I set the employee up with them?

Thanks,

Catherine

• Hi Ruthawps,

Thank you for your post.

Every employer must have a default super fund that complies with the ATO requirements. This is the super fund your employees can join if they don't already have one. To determine the default Superfund, go to the Setup menu >> General Payroll Information. You can add this super fund name to your new employee, and you'll need to contact the superfund for the employee membership number. For further information about this, kindly refer to this Help Article, Set up superannuation funds.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ruthawps,

Thank you for your post.

Every employer must have a default super fund that complies with the ATO requirements. This is the super fund your employees can join if they don't already have one. To determine the default Superfund, go to the Setup menu >> General Payroll Information. You can add this super fund name to your new employee, and you'll need to contact the superfund for the employee membership number. For further information about this, kindly refer to this Help Article, Set up superannuation funds.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

Cheers,

Princess

Ruthawps
      Experienced Cover User

sorry I just had a follow up questions - am I right in thinking the employee ca only use our defalt fund for a period of 2 months?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ruthawps,

Thank you for your response.

I've further checked this, and there's no article or information I can see about the restriction on paying default superfund for 2 months. I've found this Help article that has information about setting up Super for your employees, which you might find useful.

Cheers,

Princess