Forum Discussion

Vikka
User
10 months ago
Solved

Entitlements not Accruing

Hi

I have moved all appropriate employees to certain entitlements that were already set up, for both AL and PL.  Unfortunately, only certain employees are accruing correctly each pay I generate even though they are all set up the same (and yes they are all ticked to receive the entitlement).

I need help trying to figure out why some are accruing correctly, and others are not, despite the same set up.

Thank you :)

• Hi Vikka 

Thank you so much for the screenshot . I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response.

There are a couple of things to check if you have leave not accruing for one employee, but other employees are accruing the leave.

Firstly, does the employee have the leave accrual ticked? This can be something easily overlooked as if this is unticked then the employee won’t accrue that leave.

In addition, the setup of the entitlement needs to be checked compared to what wage categories the employee is getting paid on. So, if the setup of the entitlement is based off a percentage of Gross Hours, for the employee to accrue leave they need to be being paid on an hourly basis. If you have an employee on a salary basis, which is by default zero hours per pay, then the calculation basis equals a percentage of gross hours will not accrue leave for salaried employees. You can however use equals hours per pay period or equals user entered amount for both hourly and salaried employees.

Alternatively, if that one employee gets paid on a specific wage category this may have been set as exempt in the setup of the leave accrual. As long as your entitlement is set to use a percentage of hours, you will have an exempt button on the entitlement which can let you select certain wage categories to exempt from the calculation of the entitlement accruing.

Do let us know how you get on with this, 
    Regards,
    Earl

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Vikka 

Thanks for your post, and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

When an employee is not accruing an Annual Leave or Personal Leave, kindly check the Pay Basis of the employee if it's hourly or salary. If an employee is hourly, the Calculation Basis of the entitlement should be Equals [x] Percent of and if the employee is salary, the entitlement Calculation Basis should be Equals [x] Hours per. If your employees have different Pay Basis, they should also have separate Payroll Categories for entitlement as they will have a different Calculation Basis. For further information regarding this, kindly check The Help Article Leave and entitlements

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Vikka
      User

Hi Doreen

Thank you for your reply.  We do have both hourly and salaried employees.  All the hourly employees are fine – their set up is working and yes, they have a separate entitlement.  It’s the salaried employees, all attached to the same entitlement, that I’m having issues with.  Some are accruing in the pays and others are not – I have to enter the accruals manually … some are missing the AL, some are missing PL, they are all accruing their RDOs correctly.  There are some employees who have all three entitlements accruing correctly.  It is an anomaly that I can’t understand as they are all set up the same.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Vikka 

Thanks for your prompt response.

If you could also attach a screenshot of how the Annual Leave and Personal Leave is set up for those employees who are not accruing Annual Leave and Personal Leave so I can look into it further. Make sure to remove sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

Best regards,

Doreen

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Vikka 

Thank you so much for the screenshot . I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue and I do apologize for the delayed response.

There are a couple of things to check if you have leave not accruing for one employee, but other employees are accruing the leave.

Firstly, does the employee have the leave accrual ticked? This can be something easily overlooked as if this is unticked then the employee won’t accrue that leave.

In addition, the setup of the entitlement needs to be checked compared to what wage categories the employee is getting paid on. So, if the setup of the entitlement is based off a percentage of Gross Hours, for the employee to accrue leave they need to be being paid on an hourly basis. If you have an employee on a salary basis, which is by default zero hours per pay, then the calculation basis equals a percentage of gross hours will not accrue leave for salaried employees. You can however use equals hours per pay period or equals user entered amount for both hourly and salaried employees.

Alternatively, if that one employee gets paid on a specific wage category this may have been set as exempt in the setup of the leave accrual. As long as your entitlement is set to use a percentage of hours, you will have an exempt button on the entitlement which can let you select certain wage categories to exempt from the calculation of the entitlement accruing.

Do let us know how you get on with this, 
    Regards,
    Earl

Freman
      Trusted Partner

You have the Salary employees Accruals being entered as a 'per year' figure. Goto reports and run off an entitlements detailed report to check that you've not somehow ended up exceeding those annual hours already on some of the employees

Vikka
        User

Hi Freman

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I had to transfer employees balances which were accruing in a different entitlement, across to these entitlements - therefore some employees appear to have accumulated more than necessary this year - this explains everything and you have put my mind at ease - at last an explanation!

Thank you so much :).