Forum Discussion

MC32
User
12 days ago

Entitlements

An Employee has resigned on the 9/4/20/24 as he wanted to go a casual and I paid out all his entitlements and entered that he resigned on the Card List. He then came back 10/4/2024 as casual. I changed his employee number and used the old card but put him on as casual and made sure no entitlements are ticked but when I print Entitlement Summary sheet he comes up on sheet as still getting enitlements. How do I fix this?

3 Replies

• Even though the employee is terminated and the leave entitlements paid out there is still a historic balance held in the employee card - the category used for payour of annual leave should be linked to the annual leave entitlement for the employee but generally this is not the case when it is set up.  Personal Leave is not paid out so the balance is held too

I would process a payrun as at 10/4/24 as a nil payrun and reverse any entitlements still showing on the employee card to remove

Hope that helps

MC32
      User

This is all new to me how do I process a nil payrun and reverse any entitlements. In future would I be better off just entering a new card for the person.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MC32,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Nil pay run, or a zero-dollar pay run, refers to the typical process of running payroll but with zero amounts for all transactions. Please see this help page for more information about: Adjusting leave entitlements

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl