Forum Discussion

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

extra employer superannuation

Hello

We have paid extra Employer superannuation into 2 employees accounts.

Can you please tell me how and where we post these amounts.

thanks

Lindy

• Wilfords 

Hi Lindy

Great to hear that this is sorted for you now, thanks for letting me know and for your patience while I worked on this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

*Script run to correct reversals not appearing in Pay liabilities

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Wilfords
    Experienced Cover User

I am just following up on an email I sent last Tuesday in regard to superannuation.

the company has paid extra employer superannuation to employees.

I am not sure how we go about entering this into MYOB.

Can you please help.

regards

Lindy

Wilfords
      Experienced Cover User

Tracey_H 

hello Tracey

I received an email notification from you about a merge reply. 

I clicked onto Accountright staffing and payments but I cant find it. Can you please tell me the heading name of the thread.

thanks

Lindy

• Hi Wilfords 

Thanks for your post. The Help Article, Additional super contributions, has instructions for setting up employer additional super. The contribution amounts would then be entered against the employer additional super payroll category when processing a pay run.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Wilfords
      Experienced Cover User

Tracey_H 

Hi Tracey,

We have followed the instructions you sent for Employer Additional Super and it appears that we have done it correctly as it is showing the amounts in the Pay Superannation section.

BUT we have already paid the amounts direct to MLC Insurance on June 30 as they had to show in the 2021-2022 financial year,  so we dont wont them to be paid again by MYOB. 

When I click on our staff amounts in the Pay Superannuation section for the Super Guarantee, they will be paid but there will be the two Employer Additional amounts still showing there.

Can you tell me what happens in regard to this.

thanks

Lindy

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Wilfords 

As the super contributions have already been paid process a Pay liability transaction instead of Pay super for those employer additional amounts. That will remove them from the Pay super window and record the payment transaction in AccountRight without repaying the contributions to MLC.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.