Forum Discussion

SDesilva
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Leave accruing when on Unpaid leave

Dear Support Staff,

During January some of our staff members were on unpaid annual leave for part of the month.

Eg. 4 days unpaid leave, but worked and was paid for the remaining 19 days  in January '24. 

The Act2009 mentions that they don't accrue leave when on unpaid leave. 

Please let me know if they should get a pro-rata accrued leave for the 19 days they worked.

MYOB calculates the full entitlement which is not correct.

Please advice

Thank you

Shanthi 

• Hi SDesilva

Thanks for the response.

You're always welcome! I'm glad to know that you'll keep this information for future reference. Please be informed that we will be closing this thread now. If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, don't hesitate to post again.

Also, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SDesilva

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

Apologies for the late response. I understand your concern about the accrual of leave for your staff members who took unpaid leave. According to Act 2009, employees do not accrue leave when on unpaid leave. This means that if an employee takes unpaid leave, they should not accrue leave for those days. However, for the days they worked, they should accrue leave on a pro-rata basis. If an employee worked for 19 days in a month, they should accrue leave for those 19 days.

In this case, we recommend creating separate leave categories for the employee's unpaid leave and then exempting the base leave categories from this. This will stop calculation leave when your employee goes on unpaid leave.

Let me know if you still require further assistance with this.

Kind regards,

Shella

SDesilva
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella,

Thank you for the information, will make a note on MYOB for future unpaid leave

Kind Regards,

Shanthi

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SDesilva

Thanks for the response.

You're always welcome! I'm glad to know that you'll keep this information for future reference. Please be informed that we will be closing this thread now. If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, don't hesitate to post again.

Also, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella