Forum Discussion

Di70
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Long Service Leave Update

Can you please help with Long Service Leave. I have staff that have been with us for ver 13 years but I have never had their long service entitlement on their cards

Can you please advise how I go about starting this and also how I go about back dating what is due since they commence employment

Thank you

• Hi, Di70

Thanks for your post.

When setting up a long service leave, you will need to set up a wage category for it when paying the leave. An entitlement category to track the accrual of the leave. Regarding the calculation of it, we would recommend speaking with your accountant as they can guide you through it. You may also check the Help Article: Long service leave for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Di70

Thanks for your post.

When setting up a long service leave, you will need to set up a wage category for it when paying the leave. An entitlement category to track the accrual of the leave. Regarding the calculation of it, we would recommend speaking with your accountant as they can guide you through it. You may also check the Help Article: Long service leave for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen