Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

Long Service Payment

Good Morning,

I have an ex employee who has contacted us after a year and would prefer us to pay out his long service instead of going through the Building & Construction Long Service Corporation in which he is registered.

My question is; how is this to be entered in Myob accountright.

My thoughts would be that I will have to remove the termination date in card file and Payroll reporting centre and record the payment. Would this affect any previous reporting to the ATO. And after finalising the payment can I than re-enter the termination date as previous date applied.

• HI SharonM2,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your concern about long-term service payments, Yes, you only need to remove the termination date and record the payment; if you use a new category/item on your payroll reporting, it will not affect your previous ATO reports. Only the figures will change. After finalizing, you can re-enter the termination date. 

I hope this helps. You can contact us again or you can create a new post if you still have questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept Solution" to assist other user find this information 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

1 Reply

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

HI SharonM2,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your concern about long-term service payments, Yes, you only need to remove the termination date and record the payment; if you use a new category/item on your payroll reporting, it will not affect your previous ATO reports. Only the figures will change. After finalizing, you can re-enter the termination date. 

I hope this helps. You can contact us again or you can create a new post if you still have questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept Solution" to assist other user find this information 

Kind Regards, 

Cel