Forum Discussion

Miranda_C
Contributing Cover User
18 days ago

Payroll - ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000272

Hi

I am encountering a problem when processing a payroll for a workcover payment to an employee. As the worker is under workcover pay so the basic working hour is 0, when I click to record the payroll, it keeps coming up with the error code as mentioned on the subject.

Can anyone help giving advice how to fix this issue, please? 

Thanks & regards

Miranda

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Miranda_C,

I appreciate your post. This error message is a warning message, prompting you to fix this problem or the pay event may be rejected by ATO via STP. However, if the employment basis is set to 'other, not reportable', it means you are not reporting this employee's payments to ATO. Therefore, please process pay runs for normal employees and for this type of contractor separately. And when recording the pay for the contractors, when the warning message pops up, you can choose to record it anyway. 

I do suggest confirming with your accountant or with ATO regarding the best setup and reporting requirements.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,
    Shella

Miranda_C
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Shella

Thank you very much for your advice.  It did help and solved the problem that I had.

Thanks & regards

Miranda

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Miranda_C,

I'm so glad that we were able to assist you. Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen