Forum Discussion

Lily22
User
10 months ago
Solved

Payroll Accommodation Deduction

Hi All

My boss owns a pub.  They have employed a working holiday maker from France who works in the pub and cafe during the day and now resides in a room upstairs.  The owner wants to deduct from his pay each week $180 for the room rental.  I am a newby to the bookkeeping/payroll world so please give as much details as possible so I can get this right :) TIA

In compliance with STP2, I presume I set up a new payroll category "Deduction name = Pub Accommodation for Staff".  What do I put at the Linked Payable Account?  What is the ATO reporting category?  Is there a need to raise an invoice each week as rent to the staff member to counter balance the deduction?

Cheers

• Hi, Lily22 

Thanks for your post, and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the accommodation will be deducted from the employee's pay, then it needs to be set up as a Deduction. Make sure to select the correct ATO Reporting Category. You may check The Help Article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting for further information. When setting up the deduction, please see The Help Article Deductions. If unsure which Linked Payable Account to choose and if you will need to create an invoice, we recommend speaking with your accountant or financial advisor.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Lily22 

Thanks for your post, and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the accommodation will be deducted from the employee's pay, then it needs to be set up as a Deduction. Make sure to select the correct ATO Reporting Category. You may check The Help Article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting for further information. When setting up the deduction, please see The Help Article Deductions. If unsure which Linked Payable Account to choose and if you will need to create an invoice, we recommend speaking with your accountant or financial advisor.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Doreen