Forum Discussion

Louisev_v4
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

Permission levels changed

I have just discovered that the permission levels for a few roles have changed and now include access to confidential information including pays and staff details.  I contacted a friend who also uses MYOB for several of her clients and ask her to check roles and profiles and found the same i.e. not my imagination.   I am now carefully going through all my users and permissions and fixing.  This is highly sensitive information that legally must be protected.  Someone at MYOB should investigate.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Louisev_v4,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response.

We appreciate you for flagging this issue, and we understand the importance of ensuring a seamless experience for our valued users like yourself. We'll promptly escalate this matter to the relevant team for investigation.

Regarding user access, it's based on the accessibility of specific windows. For instance, if a user has access to the Bank Register Window, they can view all banking transactions, including withdrawals and deposits, along with their values. However, limitations arise when attempting to open transactions in windows they don't have access to, such as Payroll transactions. In such cases, access restrictions prompt a message indicating the lack of permission for that window.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl

Louisev_v4
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your response.  Permission levels all understood and how changing one thing can impact on other levels.  In this  case they had been changed without notice.  I believe this was generated by a system update.  This issue was also picked up by another business' MYOB administrator. I checked with her to ensure I wasn't mistaken.  I now do a weekly check and after any system updates.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Louisev_v4,

Thanks for your reply. Another way to monitor user activity in MYOB AccountRight is by following these steps:

1. Go to Reports, then the Accounts tab.
        2. Look for Security and Audit, where you'll find the Journal Security Audit report.
        3. This report logs all changes made to the transaction journal, showing the associated user ID.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
        Regards,
        Earl