Forum Discussion

Edgy
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Remove EOFY Finalisation

I have processed my EOFY Finalisation and have received the following error.

• Cessation Reason Code must be provided
    (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000239)

Before moving to STP2, I had removed the termination dates for 3 employees and then reinstated afterwards.

(I did receive a message : Accepted but with errors and I did not realised I had to action this)

In STP it shows the 3 sitting there with no Termination reasons.

I have just now followed steps again to remove the termination dates from their individual cards in MYOB, but the option to send the ATO an update in STP for the 2021/22 year is no longer available (I presume this is because I have already process EOFY finalisation).

In STP2 should I choose the option to remove the 3 employees EOFY Finalisation & Notify the ATO.

Go back and remove their termination dates and follow the steps for "What if I've moved to STP Phase 2 without considering terminated and inactive employees?"

Can you please advise me how to correct the 3 staff members who were terminated in 2021 and 2022 and allow them complete their tax returns.

Thanks you

Edgy
    2 years ago

Hello Tracey,  Thank you for your help, I have:

• undone the EOFY Finalisations in STP and sent to ATO
    • Removed the employees Termination dates in MYOB
    • Undone the 3 employee Terminations in STP and sent to ATO
    • All 3 reports have now been accepted

Just a query before I re-Terminate the employees within STP, at what point do I add the termination dates and make the 3 employees inactive again within the MYOB file?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Edgy 

Thanks for your post. You will need to undo the EOFY finalisations for those employees:

1. go to the Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab
    2. choose the Payroll year
    3. if there's an ellipsis (...) click on it and select Remove finalisation, if there's no ellipsis select the employee and click Remove finalisation and notify the ATO
    4. enter your details and click Send

You'll then need to remove the employee termination:

1. go to the Payroll reporting centre>>Employee terminations tab
    2. choose the Payroll year
    3. Click X Undo
    4. enter your details and click Send

Wait until the previous reports are accepted. Then re-terminate the employee in the Employee terminations tab and enter the Termination reason. Once the report is accepted re-do the finalisations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Edgy
      Experienced Cover User

Hello Tracey,  Thank you for your help, I have:

• undone the EOFY Finalisations in STP and sent to ATO
      • Removed the employees Termination dates in MYOB
      • Undone the 3 employee Terminations in STP and sent to ATO
      • All 3 reports have now been accepted

Just a query before I re-Terminate the employees within STP, at what point do I add the termination dates and make the 3 employees inactive again within the MYOB file?

Edgy
      Experienced Cover User

Hello Tracey_H  

I have re-entered the Termination dates and reasons within STP and these reports have been accepted.

When I click finalise and notify the ATO, I receive the following error message 

I have refreshed and retried several times and the error ID number changes each time.

Are you able to assist?

Thank you

Edgy
        Experienced Cover User

Problem has been resolved now.  Thank you for your help Tracey_H