Forum Discussion

Celetas
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Resize windows in MYOB AccountRight

I'm suddenly unable to resize some windows in the latest version of AccountRight!  So far I've really only noticed this as a serious problem withPayroll > Payroll Categories > Superannuation > click the blue arrow to open the 'superannuation type' windows.  The windows are so long they extend below my screen so the Save/Cancel buttons are not visible.  The obvious effect of this is that I can't save any pre-EOFY changes I need to make to certain employees' super.  This may be an issue with other windows besides the Super windows; tbh I haven't tested every scenario. 

I'm familiar with resizing windows using click&drag arrows and how to save resized windows or not via the Setup > Preferences > Windows feature.  My issue is that I can no longer reduce the height of these windows which are now ridiculously long!  I can move the windows around the screen, but not up enough to 'cheat the system' and bring the Save/Cancel buttons into view.  This is new.  I've used MYOB for 16 years and in up until now I've always been able to resize windows so that I can operate on them and save my changes; nothing else has changed, I'm using the same laptop with the same screen resolution and the same operating system.

How can I restore the old functionality of being able to resize windows so the Save/Cancel buttons are able to be acted on and that any changes I make can be saved?

• Hi Celetas 

Thanks for your post. The Superannuation Guarantee payroll category window is longer now due to new Contribution Type field and STP Phase 2 information being added.

To move that window so that you can see the OK and Cancel buttons, use the scroll bar on the right hand side:

If your window looks like the below example, minimise that window by clicking on the minimise button highlighted. Make sure it's the minimise button for the payroll category window, not the Command Centre:

Another quick way to reset the windows is click on Window>>Tile or Cascade.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Celetas 

Thanks for your post. The Superannuation Guarantee payroll category window is longer now due to new Contribution Type field and STP Phase 2 information being added.

To move that window so that you can see the OK and Cancel buttons, use the scroll bar on the right hand side:

If your window looks like the below example, minimise that window by clicking on the minimise button highlighted. Make sure it's the minimise button for the payroll category window, not the Command Centre:

Another quick way to reset the windows is click on Window>>Tile or Cascade.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Celetas
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you Tracey_H 

Your solution solved the problem!  I hadn't realised the scroll bar to access the action buttons was on the main command centre window.  I assumed it would be on the side of the window I was actually working on - quite wrongly as it turns out.  Thanks again for your help; much appreciated.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Celetas 

Great to hear that resolved your issue, thanks for letting me know.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.