Forum Discussion

TAGCRU
Contributing User
4 months ago
Solved

Returned Pay Liabilities superannuation payment

I have had a superannuation payment (paid through Pay Liabilities NOT Pay Superannuation) that has been returned from the ATO Super Clearing House.  

How do I record the return of funds so that I can pay it again (I have corrected the original error on the ATO portal).

Urgent please!

Thanks,

Trudy

• Hi TAGCRU,

Thank you for your response.

In this scenario, please navigate to Setup >> Preferences >> Security, then check the box that says, "Transactions can't be changed; they must be reversed." After checking the box, close all windows and reopen the Pay Liabilities transaction. This should allow you to reverse the transaction.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

• Hi TAGCRU,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delayed response.

To assist you in managing the returned superannuation payment processed via the Pay Liabilities window, you'll need to follow the steps below:

• You'll need to find the transaction journal for the superannuation payments. You can do this by navigating to the "Find transactions" tab.
    • Select the employee in question. This will open up their transaction details. Look for the "Pay Liabilities" transaction associated with the returned superannuation payment.
    • Once you've located it, you can proceed to delete this "Pay Liabilities transaction".

After successfully deleting or reversing the transaction, you're now ready to reprocess the "Pay Liabilities" for the super payments. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

TAGCRU
      Contributing User

Thank you for your response Princess_R 

The payment relates to our full workforce (an error in one employee's record has caused the total amount to not match the lodged details) and so the entire payment has been returned.

I have located the Pay Liabilities transaction by searching in the Payroll Categories tab of Find Transactions. I can select it and have the option to "Reverse Pay Liabilities Transaction".  However when I select this, I receive an error message stating I cannot edit this transaction.

Is there a setting I need to change in MYOB to allow me to do this?

Appreciate an urgent response as I have amended the details on the ATO portal and need to re-submit the payment asap.

Thank you.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi TAGCRU,

Thank you for your response.

In this scenario, please navigate to Setup >> Preferences >> Security, then check the box that says, "Transactions can't be changed; they must be reversed." After checking the box, close all windows and reopen the Pay Liabilities transaction. This should allow you to reverse the transaction.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

TAGCRU
        Contributing User

Fantastic...all done! 

thank you