Forum Discussion

Wendy2018
Trusted User
5 years ago
Solved

Salaried employee LSL setup

Hi,

Could some one please advise the best option for setting up the LSL accrual for an employee on salary. I understand he's entitled to 8.6667 weeks now (NSW) and he's been 10 yrs., but not sure how to set up the accrual.

I have read a few other posts but am still confused. If somone could give me some help please. Thank you

Wendy

• Hi Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post. I can certainly help with setting up LSL. The first thing you will need to set up is the LSL wage category with the Types of Wages set as Salary.

Once you have created the wage category you need to set up the LSL entitlement category. To do this -

• go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab
    • click New and name the category Long Service Leave Accrual
    • for the Calculation Basis select Equals (x) hours per (year) for salary employees
      if your employee is entitled to 8.6667 weeks after 10 years you would enter 32.9335 as the rate per year (8.6667 weeks x 38 hours pw = 329.3346 hours,  329.3346 divided by 10 years = 32.9335 hours per year)
    • select Carry Entitlement over to Next Year
    • select the LSL wage category as the Linked Wages Category
    • click Employee and select the employee

If the employee is already entitled to LSL you will need to go into their Card>>Payroll Details tab>>Entitlements>>Carry Over column and enter the the hours they have already accrued.

This help article, Long Service Leave, has more information and step by step instructions on setting up LSL.

Please let me know if you need further help.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post. I can certainly help with setting up LSL. The first thing you will need to set up is the LSL wage category with the Types of Wages set as Salary.

Once you have created the wage category you need to set up the LSL entitlement category. To do this -

• go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlements tab
    • click New and name the category Long Service Leave Accrual
    • for the Calculation Basis select Equals (x) hours per (year) for salary employees
      if your employee is entitled to 8.6667 weeks after 10 years you would enter 32.9335 as the rate per year (8.6667 weeks x 38 hours pw = 329.3346 hours,  329.3346 divided by 10 years = 32.9335 hours per year)
    • select Carry Entitlement over to Next Year
    • select the LSL wage category as the Linked Wages Category
    • click Employee and select the employee

If the employee is already entitled to LSL you will need to go into their Card>>Payroll Details tab>>Entitlements>>Carry Over column and enter the the hours they have already accrued.

This help article, Long Service Leave, has more information and step by step instructions on setting up LSL.

Wendy2018
      Trusted User

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Wendy2018
      Trusted User

Hi Tracey,

Referring again to my LSL query below, I have set up this employee with 32.9335 as the rate per year as advised below.

I have now done a weekly pay for this person and on his payslip it shows a weekly accrual of 0.633. Is this correct?

He has been set up as a salary employee @ 40 hours per week.

Have I missed something? Thank you.

Wendy

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

HI Wendy2018 

The accrual on the payslip is displayed as hours, 32.9335 hours divided by 52 weeks is 0.633 hours per week. That accrual is based on a 38 hour week though and as your employee is working a 40 hour week I do recommend checking that you are accruing the correct amount with the relevant authority.