Forum Discussion

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
7 months ago

Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) setup help

I need to setup two employees with self managed super funds (SMSF).  The notes from MYOB on this does not help as some of the fields they refer to are not available.  Looking forward to some assistance if available? 

Thank you in advance.  

Link that did not have the same fields.  I.e. Type or ESA are not available in my file.  

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Set+up+superannuation+funds?searchfacet=support:help&searchterm=self%20managed%20super%20fund#expand-Toaddaselfmanagedsuperfund

4 Replies

• Hi lisadgs 

Did you mistakenly chose the type as Regulated Superannuation fund instead of Self-Managed?

lisadgs
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Julie_A_C for taking the time to reply.  

I should mention that we are not using MYOB to pay super, we use the ATO SBSCH.  

Unfortunately when we created the new Super fund via Lists > Superannuation Funds, it only allows us to add the following;

* Name

* Registered Name (from a pull down list pre-populated)

* SPIN/USI is greyed out

* Fund ABN

* Employer Membership No

And then there is a little hyperlink that can be chosen to "Add fund contact details" which opens up Phone # and Website

Thank you

Julie_A_C
        Partner

Hi lisadgs 

You should be able to still find the super fund in the list, even if you don't use MYOB to pay super.

In that case you don't need to enter the esa in the MYOB side of things.

I have a client who uses essentials and doesn't use MYOB to pay his super but I could still find the SMSF in the list when the type was Standard (APRA regulated).

GBA-Accounts
      Cover User

hI jULIE,

I TO AM TRYING TO SET UOP AN EMPLOYEE WITH A SMSF HOWEVER MYOB WILL NOT ALLOW THIS UNLESS YOU SIGN UP TO MYOB PAY SUPER , I CURRENTLY USE A CLEARING HOUSE AND IT APPERAS THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS OTHER THAN TO PAY MANUALLY IBN TO THE EMPLOYESS ACCOUNT ?