Forum Discussion

Rjum
User
6 months ago

SELF ONBOARDING MISTAKES

Hi,

Hope you can give advice.

I WAS JUST NEW TO THIS STP2 PAYROLL SET UP AS A SOLE TRADER. I SENT SELF ONBOARDING ON MY EMPLOYEE AND I DIDN'T REALISE THAT IT WAS SET UP AS PERMANENT EMPLOYESS AUTOMATICALLY, I FORGOT TO CHANGE TO CASUAL AND WHEN THE FORM RETURN, I MANAGED TO CHANGED FROM PERMANENT TO CASUAL ON EMPLOYEES CARD ON THE SYSTEM BUT APPARENTLY THE FORM THE EMPLOYEES FILLED UP HASN'T CHANGED TO CASUAL. IS THIS SOMEHTING TO WORRY ABOUT? I STARTED THE STP PAY RUN AS A CASUAL SET UP.

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Rjum

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

As long as you were able to change the employee type on the employee card file and on the ATO's end, there is nothing that you need to worry about. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Rjum
      User

So is that means that the information I sent to STP2 in fairworks office will be recorded as casual employee? I am just a bit worried if the form self onboarding my employee signed will sent to fair works as a permanent employee and hasn't updated.  And fairworks will claim the benefits of an permanent employee like annual leave etc. I paid my employee casual rates higher rates.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Rjum

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, that is correct. We are sending the information from the employee card file and not the one on the self-onboarding. With this, there is nothing that you need to worry about.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,
        Doreen