Forum Discussion

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
11 months ago

Single Touch Payroll

Dear Customers,

Re: Intermittent issues with Single Touch Payroll features.

Update 29/6/23

The “Something went wrong” issue that customers may have experienced on Tuesday has been resolved. Other than the obvious impact of not being able to access payroll features during the issue period, there was no impact to customer files. Please note that we are continuing to monitor and optimise. We apologise for this inconvenience at this inopportune time.

UPDATE 28/06:

We are still experiencing intermittent issues with Single Touch Payroll (STP). We have identified the cause and have fixes in place. We are continuing to monitor and optimise. During this time, you may see "Something went wrong" when trying to access payroll features. We apologise for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we rectify.

68 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    sascaro
    Experienced User

I can access the information now but my YTD figures on the reconcilaition report bear no resemblance to the actual figures. Some employees who's YTD gross a week ago was $50K are now showing as having earned $150K for the year and I know that's not my error. I hope this is going to be part of the fix??

• I am still getting stuck on Validating STP will there be a fix by COB today?

Simon-C
      Admin

Preliminary investigations have not shown any errors in this area. I'd like to give you a more definitive answer specific to your account but in the interest of getting back to you today, that's what we can share right now.

Sending an update event is the recommended course of action before proceeding further. You can find more details on finalising EOPY here: https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/myob/Get+help+with+your+payroll

Please see Priya's response to others in this thread and provide the requested information over PM to her and we will follow up for you. 

BronwynHamster
        Trusted Cover User

I have found running a zero value payroll for all employees often fixes imbalancing issues. Bronwyn

• Hello,

I found this on a post and am having the same trouble this year with one of my employees who is on commission,

a dentist and she has been catergoprised as on commission and bonuses,

Thanks for your post. In STP Phase 2 Bonus payments are reported separately in the YTD verification report under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category, not included in Gross payments as they were in Phase 1. 

If the Bonus payments do appear under the Bonuses and Commissions ATO reporting category in the YTD verification report they have been reported to the ATO correctly.

so i should not worry if the commision does not show up on the gros payments ? Her tax taken out does show up but not thre gross payments

thanks

Peter

i have tried for hours to talk to someone

helsbels
    Contributing User

Unfortunately this has impacted my payment of superannuation.

In the Payroll area, in the Pay Liabilities screen, in payment of the liability type superannuation, I was able to create 2 separate superannuation payment transactions, both for the same amount, both for the same transactions, essentially doubling the amount that was actually due and payable for the specified period (June_.

Usually in this area, once you specify the period for the payment (June), the outstanding records are listed and I tick the items I need to pay and once this is done, they don't appear again (as they have been paid). However something has happened and when I chose the same dates as the June period (that I had already completed the transaction for), the items that already had been paid showed as unpaid, so I ticked the items to pay again. I don't want to reverse or delete either transaction as I don't want to create any further issues since it is with payroll. Any ideas on what to do here? Is there a script that can be written to correct this?

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Stressless1 ,

Thanks for reaching out ,the issue is resolved now.

When you are accessing reporting center does it come up with any error or is it a blank screen.?

Also could you please specify the whether its is AR /MYOB Business.

Cheers

Priya selvaraj.

Stressless1
        User

I am using Account Right software, when trying to access payroll reporting from command centre it takes me to internet browser asking me to sign in and link user ID. Once I click link this user it says something went wrong refresh or contact myob support.

• One of my employees' super (among all) cannot be reported to STP (only 1 in Sept 2022). I am not sure why. Additionally, redundancy payment cannot be reported, despite all the setup being correct. Is there any relevant number to call ?

Anita_DEN
    Experienced Cover User

Unfortunately, I just tried again and get the same error message when I try to send the finalisation report: Something went wrong, try again or refresh your browser. 

I don't know how many times I have tried. The figures are all good, lining up with the reports etc., I just cannot send the report to the ATO. Every time I logout and login again, I have to enter all the RFBA figures again - ridiculous that they cannot be saved. Before I saw the general mayhem last Tuesday, I doubted my home network, but had the same issue the next day in the office, which has excellent internet, and then found it was a MYOB issue.

I really need some assistance here to get the EOFY payroll finalisation report off. I've never had this issue with the actual payroll. Next week I will also have to process payroll, so I hope this can be solved ASAP. 

ilovepho
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Priya, is there any further update to this. Processing pay and not progressing to send to ATO. Figures are showing as NIL and nothing saved to MYOB file for payroll.

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi

No further updates and the STP reporting workflow is working as expected.

We did not hear any reports of having issues in saving the Payrun. Could you please specify whether it's an AccountRight desktop or MYOB Business.?

I would recommend doing Payrun in smaller batches to check for any error messages.

If issues persist please do let us know.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj.

PF_1
        Experienced Cover User

Hi 

My employees still get the "NOT TAX READY" on their MyGov accounts.  I have reconciled, finalised and unfinalised, finalised for hours now.  Waited on hold for over an hour to the ATO only for them to say they didn't get the finalised file from our company.  I have a "final indicator" next to every employee's name.  The finalised report has been submitted.  All seem to be 100%, but in My Gov, it is not :(

Please help?

• I am still recieving this error message when trying to process payroll

TL88
    Contributing User

I'm still getting is error.

It has not been fixed.

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi TL88 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you are still experiencing the error, send me a screenshot and serial number of the file via private message and I will look into it further.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

TL88
        Contributing User

Hi Priya

The error is still occuring and not fixed.

Please help!