Forum Discussion

8 months ago

STP / IAS PAYG amount not matching MYOB report

ATO business portal IAS PAYG amount not matching MYOB report

I accidentally ticked "Yes, report updated pay run" by mistake, instead of "No, report new pay run".

This particular pay event has been recorded in MYOB and is correct, but the STP Payroll Reporting Centre has a $0 report as it was noted as a Pay Run Update.

Despite correctly entering a subsequent pay event, with the next report having the correct YTD amounts, somehow the amounts have not updated so there is a mismatch with the ATO portal which has the lesser amount (without the "updated" pay run).

How do I make sure that this pay event is actually picked up?

Do I need to reverse the pay run and then re-enter it clicking "No, report new pay run"

I entered the correct details with the IAS report, but this still doesn't match what they expect so am unsure of any repurcussions or issues to come.

Thanks

2 Replies

HDG
    Experienced Cover User

I'm having this issue as well and i cannot find the discrepancy. Can somebody from MYOB respond?

• Hi Angelini 

Thanks for your Post. Apologies for the delayed response.

Generally, ATO totals are based on pay events and STP is YTD. In the instance where the ATO portal figures do not match to MYOB report, I would suggest checking for any rejected reports. As the rejected reports wouldn't have updated until the next accepted pay run. Additionally, any YTD values that have been fixed via an update event may not be included in the ATO portal causing the discrepancy.

If you have further questions, kindly send us the screenshot via private message and we can look into this further.

Regards

Priya Selvaraj