Forum Discussion

briansfurn
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

STP reporting wrong account assigned to Employee Additional Super

I have just picked up that one employee who pays Employee additional after tax was assigned to the PAYG witholding account and not superannuation payable account I can I fix this in myob and STP reporting as it has my PAYG witholding amount increased by what should actually be in Superannuation Payable.

Thank you   

• Hi briansfurn 

Thanks for your post. If the PAYG payable liability account was selected as the Linked Payable Account for the Employee additional super payroll category, you can record a general journal to transfer the amount to the superannuation payable liability account.

The account selected in that field only determines the account the liability is posted to, so won't have any affect on payroll reports or STP. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi briansfurn 

Thanks for your post. If the PAYG payable liability account was selected as the Linked Payable Account for the Employee additional super payroll category, you can record a general journal to transfer the amount to the superannuation payable liability account.

The account selected in that field only determines the account the liability is posted to, so won't have any affect on payroll reports or STP. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

briansfurn
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much Tracey for reply and solution